My next Landlord Boot Camp for the Rental Property Association of Wisconsin, Inc. (formerly known as the AASEW) will be held on Saturday November 4, 2023. This Boot Camp will be in-person and streamed virtually. You choose the format that best serves you.
There have been so many changes in how evictions and other Landlord-Tenant law matters are handled post COVID that I strongly recommend that you attend this Boot Camp to get caught up on all the changes.
- Attendees will receive a searchable 100 page + PDF Boot Camp manual, making it easier to search and reference items in the future.
- A recording will be available to attendees for 14 days after the event to re-watch portions that you want a deeper understanding of.
- As in prior Boot Camps, the live Q & A session will be part of this event.
- If you attend the Boot Camp in person, lunch will be provided.
Landlord Boot Camp covers everything that you need to know about the CARES Act and residential Landlord Tenant law in Wisconsin, as amended in March 2012 by Act 143, in March 2014 and again in March 2016 with the passage of Act 176, and again in April of 2018 with Act 317 including:
1. How to properly screen prospective tenants.
2. How to draft written screening criteria to assist you in the selection process.
3. How to comply with both federal and state Fair Housing laws including how to comply with “reasonable modifications” and “reasonable accommodations” requests.
4. How to legally reject an applicant.
5. What rental documents you should be using.
6. Best practices to avoid violating ATCP 134 and being sued by your tenant for double damages and actual attorney’s fees.
7. How to properly draft a security deposit itemization letter.
8. How to avoid DATCP investigations and Civil Investigative Demands (CID’s).
9. How to draft a good Notice for Breach so that it will not be defeated in court.
10. When you should use a 5 day notice, 14 day notice, 28 day notice.
11. Does the CARES Act apply to your rental property and if so, what you must do differently.
12. The best way to serve a notice terminating tenancy.
13. Learn the “Ins and Outs” of the judicial eviction process.
14. How to prepare for your eviction trial in court.
15. Whether or not it is worth it to pursue a money judgment against your tenant.
16. Learn about the two types of garnishment actions.
DATE + TIME:
The seminar will be from 8:30 am – 5 pm followed by a Q+A from 5 pm – 6 pm.
- AASEW Members $229
- Non-Members $379
If you have questions you can contact the AASEW at (262) 893-8691 or email@example.com