We are excited to announce Attorney Tristan Pettit’s Landlord Boot Camp will be held on Saturday, November 14th.
Due to the CDC National Eviction Moratorium, we delayed this event so that we could include the most timely information on navigating the current CDC Moratorium and other COVID-19 related issues affecting Landlord-Tenant law.
The Saturday, November 14th event will be held as a live-streamed webinar from 8:30 AM -5:00 PM with live Q & A from 5-6 PM.
Enjoy these advantages of the new virtual format:
- Attendees will receive a searchable 100 page + PDF Boot Camp manual, making it easier to search and reference items in the future.
- A recording will be available to attendees for 14 days after the event to re-watch portions that you want a deeper understanding of.
- Attend the event from the comfort and safety of your own home.
- As in prior Boot Camps, the live Q & A session will be part of this event.
- You will receive all of the same information normally presented in Landlord Boot Camp PLUS the latest information on navigating the CDC and CARES Act eviction moratoria.
Landlord Boot Camp covers everything that you need to know about residential Landlord Tenant law in Wisconsin, as amended in March 2012 by Act 143, in March 2014 and again in March 2016 with the passage of ACT 176, and again in April of 2018 with Act 317 including:
1. How to properly screen prospective tenants.
2. How to draft written screening criteria to assist you in the selection process.
3. How to comply with both federal and state Fair Housing laws including how to comply with “reasonable modifications” and “reasonable accommodations” requests.
4. How to legally reject an applicant.
5. What rental documents you should be using.
6. Best practices to avoid violating ATCP 134 and being sued by your tenant for double damages and actual attorney’s fees.
7. How to properly draft a security deposit itemization letter.
8. How to avoid DATCP investigations and Civil Investigative Demands (CID’s).
9. How to draft a good Notice for Breach so that it will not be defeated in court.
10. When you should use a 5 day notice, 14 day notice, 28 day notice.
11. The best way to serve a notice terminating tenancy.
12. Learn the “Ins and Outs” of the judicial eviction process.
13. How to prepare for your eviction trial in court.
14. Whether or not it is worth it to pursue a money judgment against your tenant.
15. Learn about the two types of garnishment action
- AASEW Members $189
- Non-Members $329
- Boot Camp + 12 month AASEW membership – $330
Wisconsin landlord-tenant laws are constantly changing. To help keep you up to date those who attended in the past three years receive a $40 discount.
To register or obtain more information about the new Live-Streamed Landlord Boot Camp please contact Sadie at email@example.com